3D Character Modeler
Remote or studio based full time employee or contractor positions available.
- Utilizing software under direction to create 3D assets including characters, creatures, and other assets using provided concept art responding to feedback effectively.
- Create textures and materials that complement the style of the model under direction.
- Proactively stay current with new software, asset development processes and industry trends and share this knowledge with the team.
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques, as well as production tracking software, to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Follow our protocols in file management, project organization, and version control.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
(Japan / Canada) Contractor positions:
- Paid per model so holiday and work hours are free.
- Remote or on-site available.
(Japan only) Employee positions:
- Working hours: 9:30 to 18:00 (1 hour break) totaling 7.5 hours work per day.
- Location: 2 minutes on foot from Shin-Okubo Station on Yamanote Line.
- Welfare benefits: Medical & Nursing Insurance, pension, Employment Insurance, and yearly confidential* free medical examination.
- Transportation: Train expenses and up to additional 9,000 yen green allowance if living within 10km of studio.
- Other allowances: Family, skill, overtime, dailies.
- Other benefits: lounge, lunch & recreation facilities, free weekly Japanese/English classes, life drawing, and acting workshops.
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese National Holidays, Christmas holidays, 125 annually plus annual leave. Additionally 10 extra paid holidays after 6 months full-time employment, 11 after 1.5 years, 12 after 2.5 years. Holidays can be changed or negotiated to benefit the employee as the company deems necessary within the bounds of labor law.
- Bonus: July and December based on proven work record and company profits.
- Yearly raise: Annually calculated.
- Total gross monthly salary including benefits: 200,000-560,000 Japanese yen.
- Professional experience with 3D asset creation.
- Must have strong examples of both realistic and stylized characters.
- Demonstrable knowledge of modeling techniques using a modern CG package.
- Demonstrable knowledge of creating rigging friendly topology.
- Demonstrable knowledge of texture creation in a 2D package like Photoshop or Mari
- Desire to further improve skills and techniques.
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time.
- Work well within a team.
- Resume and Demo Reel.
- Must be willing to complete a art test if requested to do so.
Extra skills that might be beneficial:
- Strong understanding of traditional sculpture, drawing or illustration skills.
- Past experience creating assets for Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Past experience using Substance Painter.
- Past experience using Pencil+.
- Past experience using Hinomaru.
- Ability to assign shaders lights and render models.
*In Japan employers will have access to your medical records, at Toneplus we contractually make sure all such data is only accessible only by you and the doctor.
**Salary is based on proven skill alone. Toneplus does not consider age, race, beliefs, sex or sexuality to be factors in calculation. Ability for advancement at all levels is open to all staff. Toneplus has a proven record on equal position advancement and equal wages.
For more information on this position contact HR here